We Look for & Develop
Ambitious People Who
Share Our Drive.
Whether you’re a school leaver, looking for a vacation internship or a recent graduate, we’ll provide the training and development platform to help you build a successful career in accountancy.
Fuelled by passion.
Driven by success.
And never settle for second best?
PKF Octagon is a SAICA accredited training office and offers training contracts to postgraduates with an accredited postgraduate Diploma in Accounting Science (CTA or equivalent).
We provide a comprehensive and structured formal training programme under the tutelage of a highly skilled and dedicated training and development team. Our mentors are always on hand to provide you with the support and the resources that you need to ensure that you get the best training for career development and advancement.
In return for your enthusiasm and hard work, we offer you:
- Mentorship and individual guidance
- A well-rounded training portfolio in auditing, accounting, and taxation
- Training in accordance with the latest legislative changes and amendments
- Regular in-house training
- A diverse client-base
- A competitive salary
- Generous study leave and in-house study support
- Pass-and-pay-back scheme
- Access to the latest IT infrastructure and audit methodology software
- A nurturing work environment. We believe that everyone working at PKF Octagon should feel at home
- A stimulating and dynamic work environment where you will be challenged and motivated
- Energetic and takes initiative to learn and succeed
- Highly accurate, paying close attention to detail
- Able to work well under pressure
- A logical and analytical thinker
- Persuasive, assertive and solutions-driven
- Able to work in a team and has good interpersonal and communication skills
- Positive attitude
- Highly principled, with integrity
- Postgraduate Diploma in Applied Accounting Sciences (CTA level 2) or currently enrolled for CTA Level 2
- An outstanding academic record
- Mathematics Core and Accounting subjects in Matric
- Must have passed all exams on the first attempt and achieved average results of 65% in Bachelor of Accounting Science degree
- Previous work experience (vacation/temporary/volunteer) in finance or accounting department, preferably in an audit firm
- Own vehicle and a drivers’ licence
- Must be a South African citizen
What can I expect?
Our internships normally last between 4–6 weeks and our planned programmes mean you receive a range of experience during your short time with us. You’ll be assigned a line manager to guide and support you through the programme from day one.
As the internship progresses, we’ll help you develop the employability attributes, skills and knowledge to help you be a success in your future career. At the end of the programme, your dedicated line manager will have a review meeting with you to provide feedback on your valuable contribution to the firm and learn about your experience.